Generally there are many ways you can have a domain name and the most easiest one is to go to a domain registrar such as GoDaddy, writing the domain name you wish to have and waiting a second to see if it’s available or taken.
In this article I’m putting some points that a Domainer should note before hand registering a domain name:
1. Product Name: Register a domain name that is relevant to a product or a service.
2. Search Volume: Atleast a 1000 exact search results should be there for the product that you are registering. Less than 1000 are also OK but you should not settle for that easily.
3. High Cost Per Click : The domain you’re registering should have a high cost per click. There should be advertisers for that keyword who are willing to pay more than $5 at minimum.
4. High Search/Low CPC Or Low Search High CPC : You can also register domain names based on the location you target with very high cost per click but with low search volume or with high search volume with low cost per click.
5. Web Machine: A available domain name is not completely new and sometime it has a history. Someone has owned then dropped and nobody picked it up. You should go to the http://archive.org and see if it has any history and is that histroy is good or bad.
6. Discounts: You should hand register a domain name where you can apply some coupons to get the discount on registration. Don’t limit yourself with one registrar. Look others also who can offer you discount to lower your cost of registering a domain name.
7. End Users: You should be having a fair idea of end users to whom you can sell that domain name before you go out for registering them. This tip makes you sure that there will be a market for your domain purchase.
8. Dot Com : Make sure that the extension you choose is none other than the the dot com TLD. Because dot com is highly valued even today when so many ngTLDs are hitting the domain market space.
9. Type in Traffic : It’s hard to know whether your hand reg has good type in traffic or not. There are some tools which claims to give you a domain name with good type in traffic. A good type in traffic domain name helps you to recover the domain registration cost if the domain doesn’t sells.
10. Hyphen: Don’t buy a Hyphenated version of a domain name. Such domain name doesn’t sale and they always lose traffic to the non hyphenated version of the same domain name.
11. Research & Share: If you’re running a blog on domain names then share your research. Research names you wish to register and those you not register – share them via blog so that your readers can register them
12. Trademark: Never ever register a domain name that involves someone else’s trademark and copyright intellectual property. Before you register a name ask yourself this question. Is this the name of a famous brand? It’s advisable to check a name for its trademark affiliations before registering.
4 thoughts on “Factors to Consider Before Hand Registering a Domain Name”
Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your
blog and wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your feed and I’m hoping you write once
more very soon!
Excellent web site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you to your sweat!
Through this post you summarize some of the most significant opinions!
Simple to read and inclusive of helpful detail!
Thanks a lot for sharing Factors to Consider Before Hand Registering a Domain Name | SowDomain!
Thanks for finally writing about >Factors to Consider Before Hand Registering a Domain Name | SowDomain <Liked it!
Comments are closed.